Thursday, April 9, 2009

Disgusting Bus Ride

I stayed over at my friend's dorm over the weekend and was heading home when this disgusting thing happened on the bus. Okay, this happened this past weekend...specifically April 5, 2009.

Okay so I was on the 41. It seemed like a cool ride became most of the people on the bus were from university, so it was a small close group. Everyone was mostly lively and talking but then suddenly this girl runs to the front of the bus. She is crying and all I see is another bus driver who was going to go in run after whoever exited earlier. This young girl faces us in tears saying, "The guy who just got off the bus was jerking off and staring at us girls on the bus!" Everyone was shocked, we went silent not knowing what to do.

What sucks is that this girl kept quiet out of fear. She didn't know why he was doing it...heck she even told us later that she thought he might even pull out a knife. Me, a person of detail, recalled earlier that she let us in on the bus when we first got on. The bus first bus stop is the university and she was trying to get her id out of her Coach bag so she let me and my friend get on in front of her. She later sat in front of us but we were chatting and she was on the phone so she moved to the back, two seats behind us, in order to talk on the phone. This guy sat near her and she could see what he did. It sucks because she could have not experienced this if she just stayed seated in front of us but then someone else might have been traumatized and maybe this guy would have still took out his penis and jacked off without anyone of us knowing what happened!

I admit..this shook me up a lot. It happened near school. This sicko was in his 30s, a white male, and wearing a green t-shirt! Yea, this is the one time I despise having an eye for detail. I don't want to remember him, jeez! Also, he was seated near me...around 2/3 seats behind me. Also, he stared at the girls and he had a good view since the girls being around 5-6 of us sat towards or near the front. He being behind us...well you get the picture. I don't want some old guy staring at me and touching himself and on a public bus. I don't know but I felt invaded. All the girls did. Heck some were scared when the doors were left open when the bus stopped to get the guy and wait for the police. We all began calling our friends on our cell after we got over the shock and most girls began putting on their sweaters and such in an attempt to shield/cover themselves.

The weird part after was how normal everything returned...well the fact that the world is still going while we were experienced this. For example, the new people who entered on the bus and people walking by...they...have NO IDEA what just happened. What happened to us on that bus! It's so surreal but at the same time it causes us all to focus and remember that the world is still moving. We have to move forward and not let this douche bag take over us taking the bus. I know for sure that I will stick to sitting near the front just because the driver has a better view of me and I can see everyone who boards. All I can do is be cautious but don't let it take over my life and the decisions I take. Yea I sit in the front but I won't not sit in the back because of it...I will sit in the back every once in awhile but preferably with friends but it's good to be cautious but not to the point where it takes over everything action and decision you take.

So yea...just wanted to share this because it's been bothering me. I still take the bus everyday and the 41. I have to! It's the only bus the heads away from school to where I live. I guess it's good in the sense that because I have to take that bus, it makes me confront my fear. That's it! That is what happened to me...my disgusting bus ride...

No comments: